OASIS – Our Purpose
To provide a membership forum for those engaged in Ontario in the business of installing on-site sewage systems, portable toilet rentals, liquid waste handling, transportation and waste treatment, that will promote the interests of its members regarding health and safety, business operations, environmental responsibility and regulatory issues for the benefit of the industry and public at large.
The association strives;
1. To maintain among the membership and to promote within industry, the highest standards of safety, environmental responsibility, regulatory compliance and concern for the public.
2. To institute open forum discussions and action pertaining to practical operating problems such as promotion of vacuum truck services, maintenance advances in equipment, employee development, uniform administrative practices, and operator safety programs.
3. To safeguard the interests of the industry and keep members advised with respect to all present or contemplated legislation from all levels of government.
4. To promote uniformity and consistency throughout the industry.
SUPPORT ENVIRONMENTAL TRAINING SEMINARS, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCES AND REGULATORY DECISIONS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH OASIS.
Our Mission Statement
IN ORDER TO SOLVE WATER AND WASTEWATER CHALLENGES, OASIS PROMOTES AND MANAGES TRAINING SEMINARS, CONFERENCES AND COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS TO SUPPORT RESEARCH AND REGULATORY GUIDELINE DEVELOPMENT.
1. To become acknowledged by the MECP as a positive and informative voice for sewage and liquid waste carriers.
2. To provide environmental training and business development opportunities for it’s members
3. To work in partnership with the regulatory agencies to increase turnaround time for industry requests for information and enforcement.
4. To create and promote more efficient and innovative sewage disposal sites.
5. To achieve a membership of 60% of the licensed carriers in the Province of Ontario.
6. To create and enforce a Safety Code of Conduct for the industry.
7. To educate the general public concerning the proper use of septic systems and maintenance
8. To provide a membership forum for the exchange of information, equipment and support.